The Challenges & Choices Consultation has finished, thank you again for all your input and for taking part in the workshop. The next steps in the process for us is the Catchment Pages. These pages will be part of the updated River Basin Management Plans (RBMPs). Prior to that they will form part of the draft River Basin Management Plan (dRBMP) due to be consulted on in 2021.
RBMPs are the strategic plans for water management in England. Every partnership nationwide will have their own catchment page. This is a significant opportunity to highlight catchment partnerships and the work they do underpinning CaBA’s role in river basin management. Our catchment page will represent the partnership, not your the host (WRT). These pages will be displayed within the Catchment Data Explorer and will be accessed via the management catchment page.
The aim of catchment pages is for viewers of the RBMPs to gain an understanding of the activities of each CaBA Partnership and their future priorities for environmental improvement, including:
- Partnership information
- Partnerships vision and evidence base
- Link to the partnership’s Catchment Plan and partnership’s webpage
- Top current challenges
- Top developing challenges/future pressures
- Successes achieved by the partnership during the second cycle of RBMP (2016-2021)
- Plans for the partnership’s development over the next 6 years
- Future priority actions (measures) to protect and improve the catchment during the third cycle by 2027
- Links to partnership and contributing partners
This is your opportunity to feed into what the content of those pages is. The deadline for contributions is Monday the 1st February 2021.